Last night, a group of friends and I got on a Youtube kick, watching Stephanie Tanner from the hit 80's show "Full House," and her amazing dance routines! I remember as a kid, thinking she was the cat's pajamas. I seriously idolized her-- watching these videos was so truly nostalgic of my childhood.
Seeing these sparked an interest in 80's nostalgia for the group of us, which led us to watching hours of 80's commercials. It is amazing how times have changed. This morning, I thought it was only necessary to continue rediscovering the great memories of my adolescence.
Here are my top 20 80's nostalgia picks (in no particular order):
1. Popples! Who wouldn't wanna roll around in that basket? I mean really.
2. Teeny Little Super Guy. The best part of Sesame Street!
3. Pound Puppies. Came with an adoption certificate!
4. Squeez-it! Only the lucky ones had this in their lunchbox.
5. L.A. Gear. The more socks and laces you had, the more popular you would be.
6. Viewmaster. The perfect 3d escape!
7. Dancing Flower. I so proudy presented this in my bedroom decor!
8. Refillable Pencils. Worthless if you lost one of the lead refills!
9. Cabbage Patch Kids. An 80's kid must-have. I remember writing on my sister's CPD's head when I was mad at her in permanent marker. haha!
10. Lite Brite! Hours of fun. I might just have to get one of these for myself now.
11. Gloworm. The cuddliest night light.
12. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No-Good, Very Bad Day. "I went to bed with gum in my mouth and now there's gum in my hair."
13. Be Kind Please Rewind. The sticker future generations won't understand.
14. Speak and Spell. 80's Ipad.
15. McDonald's Packaging. Before being "green" was "in."
16. Iron Kids Bread. "The taste is really the best!"
17. Fashion! I'm pretty sure I had the outfit in the middle.
18. 80's M&M's. Anyone else wonder what happened to the tan one?
19. Rainbow Brite everything. This would have been my dream room.
20. Kid Pix. Where my interior design passion began. On our Commodore-64 computer, I would design entire houses with this program! Who woulda thunk I'd end up as an Interior Designer now!
As an ADDED BONUS--- I thought it was only appropriate to give you a glimse of my 80's mullet. Yes, people... I had a mullet. Thanks mom and dad!